Sunday, February 26, 2012

I tag people...because why not?

I've been tagged by 1000th Monkey

Here's how it goes
First the Rules
You must post the rules.
Answer the questions and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
Tag 11 people and link to them.
Let them know you’ve tagged them.



Then, the questions:

1. What's your favourite letter of the alphabet and why? (you're not limited to the English alphabet)
Hmm...I'd have to say the letter S, because it's in what feels like every other word, and because when I write cursive it looks pretty when I want it to.

2. What's the most disgusting/odd combination of food you've ever eaten?
Peanut butter and syrup on crackers, I wouldn't try it forever because the mix looked like a sugar coma to me, but in the end it was delicious!

3. Favourite word?
I like a lot of words, but some of the more fun ones to say are things like persnickety, gander, or atrocious. (Especially when you say atrocious in an accent)

4. If you had to get a tattoo, what would it be and why? If you already have one, use that as your answer.
My tattoo is a triple moon, it's the symbol of the goddess. Symbolizing the three stages of the goddess; maiden, mother, crone. I view it as a reminder that we all evolve throughout life from one thing to another.

5. What fictional character is most like you and why? Could be personality or appearance, from a book, movie, graphic novel, whatever.
This is so difficult, but I guess I'd have to say Aura from Jeri Smith Ready's Shade trilogy. Aura is an amazing character who is sometimes at odds with the things in her life. Including her boyfriend being a ghost.

6. The bitchy blonde female character -> love? hate? overdone? (bonus points for including your favourite blonde joke)
I think the generalization of the character is overdone, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the character in some movies. Favorite blond joke has to be; What do you call a blonde that dyes her hair brunette? Artificial Intelligence. 

7. Do you usually write characters who are the same gender as you are? Ever tried the opposite?
I actually have one story that is a male main character, while the other book I wrote is two points of view; one male, one female. Although I do associate better with my male characters for some reason.

8. If you could swap places with a character and live in their fictional world/universe for a day, which would you choose?
Megan from The Iron Fey series because not only does she find out she's part fey. She also as Ash, and I would love to have Ash, just for a day.

9. What's your favourite fairy-tale/myth/folk-tale/fable/nursery-rhyme, and would you ever write a re-telling of it?
I love the story of Sleeping Beauty, not really sure why. I would consider re-telling it once I'm done with my other works in progress! Gotta finish something.

10. If you could turn your significant other into an animal for one day, what animal would you choose and why?
A cat, because then he would do nothing but be lazy all day with me. He'd also be fun to see play with catnip.

11. Does Pluto deserve to be re-instated as a planet?
Pluto has never been otherwise too me, after all I'm a Scorpio and without Pluto I am planet-less. 


EDIT: If anyone else wants to play/answer the questions, go ahead! Just include the link, or answer directly in the comment section :)

Since I don't have 11 followers yet I have tagged the following people
Karalady
Amber Bower

For those of you without blogs, I just want you to post your replies in a comment, or on your Facebook.

Here are your 11 questions.

1. What was your favorite novel growing up?
2. Tell me about somewhere you went that was better than you expected it to be, (store, vacation, party, etc)
3. If you could be anyone fictional who would you be and why?
4. Name a movie that had a serious impact on you.
5. What made you start a blog, or get a social network page if you don't have a blog?
6. Who's the best villain you've ever read or seen?
7. What your favorite creative outlet? 
8. Name one way you deal with stress.
9. Name someone you admire, and why.
10. Which is better waffles or pancakes?
Last, but not least....
11. What is your favorite quote?


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for playing along!

    Hmmm, another person who likes the letter 'S'. Personally, I hate the letter 's' since it was one of those letters I would write backwards.

    Hahaha! Nice words! 'Persnickety' is pretty awesome. I like the hard 'k' sound in the middle and how it catches your attention, like someone snapping their fingers.

    So, is your tattoo three phases of the moon? I can't quite picture it from your explanation...

    Wo-hoo! so far you're the only one who put a blonde joke ;) Bonus points!

    I'm not familiar with either the Shade or Iron Fey series. I will have to Google them :)

    Ah, I guess Pluto does figure into astrology... I never thought of it from that angle, very cool!

    ReplyDelete