Saturday, March 10, 2012

That moment when...

Today I had that moment when someone talked about something that I loved...books.

Most people I know don't read many books, and even if they do they don't want to
discuss books. So it was a blast today when some of my co-workers talked about
books...I work at a movie theater by the way. We were discussing The Hunger Games
obviously, but it lead to other Young Adult books and series that are awesome.



Suddenly I felt like a little kid that finally gets to play that game they always wanted, or
just do that thing they always wanted to. There I was totally ranting and raving about
some Young Adult books I'd read, which lead to other books, and eventually spiraled
out of control to the point that I was suggesting books to people based on what they
told me they liked about The Hunger Games.



I'm starting to wonder if I should get a job as a librarian (even though they are frickin'
impossible to get around here), or I wonder if a bookstore somewhere would hire me
for just one day a week. I can't help it the thought of working somewhere I get to talk
about books excites me. I love movies, and I work at a movie theater, but I love books
too which I feel like most people who watch a lot of movies don't read quite as many books.


Probably because people have to choose how to spend
their time on something: game, book, movie, music, etc.

Anyways, that excited me so much I just had to share it with you guys.
Also is anyone else super excited about The Hunger Games movie, and yet annoyed
at the like way it's popularity seems to have spiraled almost out of control? It's a little
to much like Twilight at the moment, but maybe that feeling will pass once I see the movie.
(I don't mean the story is like Twilight by the way, I mean the crazy fandom is feeling a
lot like Twilight.)


No comments:

Post a Comment