Tuesday, May 22, 2012

More Good books out there.

Alright so really what I've been doing while I've been away from my blog is reading, writing, working, sleeping, eating, and repeat. 

No seriously, except I did make cake pops too. (They are amazing by the way, if you have never tried them.)

Today I made the decision (We'll see if I do it) to self publish at least one of my novels, most likely the shorter Young Adult one, as compared to my adult urban fantasy kind of book. 

I'll keep you guys updated on that as things go, but on to the reading of good books. 
First let me say that I am finally reading Eragon, and this time I don't find it as hard to read as I did before. 
Just like Lord of the Rings, this series had taken time for me to read. Mostly because it's the kind of story I have to be in the mood for. 

That's not all though. 



Cinder by Marissa Meyer is another I have read, and let me say Holy Cow! That book was awesome, it's a alternate version of Cinderella in a futuristic world where she is a cyborg. I loved the characters and the plot, part of me was sad the book didn't end in the normal what I expect kind of way. The other half of me was pumped up, and ready for part two which supposedly features an alternate version of Red Riding Hood meeting Cinderella. If you like fairy tales, and you love science fiction, then this book is a must-read. 




Just for fun and joy I also read some Meg Cabot books; Size 14 is not fat and Big Boned. 
As always Cabot has a fun story, that ends entertainingly, and these were mystery novels making them all 
the more fun. I've read others recently too, but those are all for now.





In the world of movies I do have to say I was certainly excited by Joss Whedon's writing for The Avengers. The movie gave enough background for people who aren't graphic novel enthusiasts, and yet kept it fun and entertaining just like the animated movies do. 
I don't know about you guys, but I would like to see a Justice League movie. Not the seperate movies to explain the characters, just a Justice League movie. I personally think it would rock, but I could just be watching to much Young Justice. 



=) Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment